Websites and Subject Guides
- American Decades Primary Sources - Includes full or excerpted primary sources representing the seminal issues, themes, movements and events from 1910-1919. Includes oral histories, songs, speeches, advertisements, TV, play and movie scripts, letters, laws, legal decisions, newspaper articles, cartoons, recipes, and more.
- Checks and Balances: The Three Branches of the American Government - Presents easy to understand information about the inner workings of the federal government.
- Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels - Focuses on English-language comics, plus a small selection of influential Japanese and European works, with special emphasis on the new graphic novel format that emerged in the 1970s.
- Encyclopedia of World Cultures - This reference set lists and describes more than 1,500 global cultures. Based on research of social scientists, it is the source for historical, social, political, economic, linguistic, religious, and other information on virtually every existing culture.
- Internet Public Library for Teens - Information to help you with life, school, friends, and work. You'll find articles written especially to help you solve problems, links to websites you can use for homework, and a place to ask questions. There's lots more, too. Explore!
- Nonfiction Classics for Students: Presenting Analysis, Context, and Criticism on Nonfiction Works - Provides critical overviews on the most frequently studied nonfiction essays, books, biographies, and memoirs. Includes discussions of literary format, themes, and structure.
- Reference Desk - Fact checker for the Internet.
- World Digital Library - The World Digital Library (WDL) makes available on the Internet, free of charge and in multilingual format, significant primary materials from countries and cultures around the world.
- Biographical Dictionary - Covers notable men and women who have shaped our world from ancient to present day.
- Biography.com - Search over 25,000 of the greatest lives, past and present.
- Infoplease - Biographies Search more than 30,000 biographies in almanacs, a dictionary, and an encyclopedia.