JCPL ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
Experience Inspire's improved databases. The Biology Resource Center and the Science Resource Center now provide valuable, online, multimedia opportunities for learners, educators, and librarians. They will soon appear as Biology in Context and Science in Context. Check them out!
- Animal Congregations (Group Names) - Animal Congregations, or What Do You Call a Group of.....?
- Earthquake Information from the USGS - Earthquake news and highlights.
- Endangered Species - Species listed as threatened or endangered.
- IDEM - Indiana Department of Environmental Management provides quality environmental oversight and technical assistance for Indiana.
- Indiana Endangered Species - List of Endangered, Threatened, & Rare Species by County.
- Indiana Weather - National Weather Service
- Indianapolis Climate Averages & Records - Daily, monthly, yearly averages and records of Indiana climate.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory International, Space and Response - National security through timely global detection, understanding, and response.
- NASA Global Climate Change - Vital signs of the Planet Earth.
- NASA Images - Image of the Day Gallery along with archived images.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook - NIST Standard Reference Database Number 69
- Sun and Moon data for one day - Obtain the times of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, transits of the Sun and Moon
- Toxic Release Inventory - Federal Register of Toxic Release Inventory.
- US Naval Office Time Page - U. S. Naval Observatory is charged with maintaining the DoD reference for Precise Time and Time Interval.
- USDA Plants Database - Provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
- USGS Mapping Information - Maintains uniform geographic name usage throughout the Federal Government.
- Math Forum - Online resource for improving math learning, teaching, and communication
- EurekAlert! - Provides a central place through which universities, medical centers, journals, government agencies, corporations and other organizations engaged in research can bring their news to the media.
- Science Education Foundation of Indiana - A not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage and assist young people to become scientists and engineers and to practice their professions in Indiana.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation information Directory - Find a Rehabber.
- Calendar Zone - Calendars for all topics.
- Discovery Channel Online - Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity and making a difference in people's lives.
- Distance Calculator - Latitude, longitude
- Google Maps - Maps, directions, and amenities.
- Greenwich Time: GMT - Greenwich is the place from where all time zones are measured.
- History of Mathematics - Mathematics history, biographies and topics.
- How Stuff Works - Source of credible, unbiased, and easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works.
- Indiana Geological Survey - To provide geologic information and counsel that contribute to the wise stewardship of the energy, mineral, and water resources of the state.
- Indianapolis Zoo - Will empower people and communities, both locally and globally, to advance animal conservation.
- MapQuest! Welcome! - Maps, directions, and amenities.
- Maps (Yahoo) - Maps, directions, and amenities.
- Maps and References CGRER NetSurfing - An introductory guide to some of the map and reference resources available via the World Wide Web.
- National Time -- Time in Indiana? - What time is it in Indiana?
- Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else.
- Periodic Table: Webelements - (http:///) What do you want to know about the chemical elements?
- Radio Codes & Signals - This file contains many of the radio codes & signals you hear used on the air.
- SciCentral - Best science links.
- ScienceDaily Magazine - Covers discoveries in all fields of the physical, biological, earth and applied sciences.
- Science Fair Home Page - This page is designed to aid students in the most difficult aspect of their science fair experience; getting an idea.
- ScienceWorld (Wolfram) - Eric Weisstein's World of Science contains budding encyclopedias of astronomy, scientific biography, chemistry and physics.
- SCIRUS Science Database - Searches science-specific webpages that pinpoint scientific, scholarly, technical and medical data on the Web.
- TerraServer Homepage - Free access to a vast data store of maps and aerial photographs of the United States.
- TopoZone - Associated with Trails.com - has topo maps that cover the entire mapped area of the United States.
- Weights and Measures - Common equivalent weights and measures.
- What Time Is It? - To find the time in any city in the world
- World Records of the Animal Kingdom - You will find all kinds of world record animals, as well as some unimaginably creepy ones that dwell in the deepest depths of the ocean.