State and Federal Taxes
Tax Assistance - The AARP Tax Aide is the nation's largest free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service available to taxpayers with low- and moderate-income, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Appointments are available from February to April. Please contact a JCPL Branch to make an appointment with an AARP Tax Assistant. For more information from the AARP Tax Aide webpage, click here.
Tax Forms Available at JCPL - Many of the commonly used State and Federal Income Tax Forms and Instructions are available free at your JCPL Branch. Reproducible Federal Tax Form copies can be made on the copy machine for .10¢ per page. State and Federal Income Tax Forms, Instructions, and Publications are available online. Printing of these is available for 10¢ per page for black and white copies. Please see the following for links to the State or Federal websites or phone numbers.
- Internal Revenue Service
- IRS Video Portal - Learn about tax topics through video and audio presentations. Tax questions? Watch Videos - Get Answers!
- Indiana Department of Revenue or contact us at one of theDistrict Offices.
- State Tax Forms for Different States - Includes links to state tax agency home pages, state tax forms and electronic filing sites, general information on state tax structures, and information about upcoming meetings and workshops.
Other Tax-Related Websites
- Employee Identification Numbers (EIN) - Apply online for an Employee Identification Number.
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Centers - Tax centers have been developed to help you quickly find information related to your particular area of interest, industry or profession on one page.
- News from the IRS - Hot Topics, News Releases and changes to this year's Federal Income Tax.