Nutrition and Diet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention helps bring to light the importance of eating fruits and vegetables with their website, Fruits and Veggies Matter. Check the nutritional content of your favorites; look for different varieties; and search for recipes by ingredient.
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion – An organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Links to the MyPyramid's guide, menu planners, MyPyramid Tracker, dietary guidelines, nutrient contents of foods and much more.
- Food Safety Information – Gateway to food safety information provided by government agencies. Advice from food recalls to food storage recommendations.
- Health and Human Services – Portal to Federal departments, agencies, and news releases regarding health topics and concerns.
- My Food-A-Pedia – Quick access to food information including food groups, calories, and comparisons based on the new USDA Food Pyramid.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse – Listing of services from NDDIC including response to inquiries, publication dissemination, referrals to health professionals, and more.
- Farmers Feed Us – Farming is a commitment to providing you with safe, nutritious and affordable food, caring for our animals and our land, and giving back to our communities.