- Healthfinder.gov - Searchable and browsable by topic. Contains a directory of health organizations, encyclopedic coverage of topics, and links to hundreds of sites featuring government and nonprofit health and human services information. Includes news, articles, and a Kids section. Parts of this site available in Spanish. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Medical Library Association - Deciphering Medspeak, Rx Riddles Solved - Translation of doctors', pharmacists' and other medical professionals' shorthand for prescriptions.
- Understanding Medical Words - A tutorial from the National Library of Medicine.
- Health Central - Owns and operates more than 35 condition-specific and wellness sites, all with the goal to support and inform our users who have life-changing conditions. Includes news, videos, and information on specific diseases and conditions.
- MedicineNet - Network of U.S. board-certified physician writers and scientists committed to providing unbiased, 100% doctor-produced medical information. They define difficult medical language in easy-to-understand explanations of over 16,000 medical terms.