How to renew materials
Call or visit any JCPL Branch to renew your materials. You may renew an item up to 4 times provided that there is no hold on that item. You must call the Interlibrary Loan Department to renew any materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan.
Patrons may review, renew their materials, and place holds by going to My Account.
We calculate the new due date from the day your renew your items. If you renew your items early, time is not added to the original due date.
Example: a 3-week loan due on the 5th but renewed on the 3rd would have a due date of the 24th, instead of the 26th.
The following are some items that cannot be renewed online:
- Items on library cards with fines or fees of $10 or more.
- Items on library cards that have 5 or more overdue items.
- Items on expired library cards.
- Materials that have already been renewed 4 times.
- Materials on hold for another patron.
- Materials requested through Interlibrary Loan