- Early Literacy @ JCPL - Early literacy is what children knows about reading and writing before they can actually read or write. Find out more plus how the library can support your pre-reading child.
- Parenting Links - The internet can be very overwhelming when seeking advice or information so we offer some helpful websites here for your family.
- Homeschooling - At JCPL, we make every effort to help and encourage homeschool families. We provide basic Indiana homeschooling information and helpful links.
- Links for Teachers - We want to support classroom teachers in creating rich learning experiences for their students. We hope to do so via teacher collections, extra benefits when using a library card, library tours, classroom visits, and other possibilities.
- How to Get a Library Card - Obtaining a library card is just the beginning!
- Ask New York Online Access to Health (NOAH) About: Pregnancy - Find the answers to most pregnancy questions at this site.
- Childbirth.org - Information on childbirth, including birth plans and stories.
- GetNetWise - A resource for families and caregivers to help kids have safe, educational, and entertaining online experiences.
- La Leche League International - Dedicated to providing education, information and support to breastfeeding mothers.
- Parent Power: What Every Parent Must Know About the World Wide Web - Part of the American Library Association's (ALA) website consisting of great sites for both kids and parents. This one includes links to definitions, safety tips, and homework help via email.
- Reading is Fundamental (RIF) - Founded in 1966, this organization's site is all about getting kids to read. Visit their "Reading Planet" section for fun activities and recommended reads.
- BabyCenter - Covers all aspects of parenting; from preconception to newborns to toddlers.
- Baby University - Variety of information covering things such as purchasing a baby gift, information on early childhood development and illness, or the latest recall information on baby toys and equipment.
- iParenting - Source for preconception, pregnancy, parenting and healthy family information.