General Consumer Health
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - Latest evidence-based information including videos and podcasts formats.
- DisabilityInfo.gov - The Federal government's one-stop website for people with disabilities, their families, employers, veterans and service members, workforce professions and many others.
- Federal Health Information Centers and Clearinghouses - Links to multiple health related organizations and government websites.
- Health and Human Services - Portal to Federal departments, agencies, and news regarding health topics and concerns.
- Healthfinder.gov - Contains a directory of health organizations and links to hundreds of sites featuring government and nonprofit health and human services information. Includes news, articles, and a Kids section. Parts of this site available in Spanish. Searchable and browsable by topic. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Indiana Health Connect - A portal for locating local healthcare providers and facilities along with various health topics.
- MedlinePlus- Extensive information from the National Institute of Health and other trusted sources on over 7,000 diseases and conditions. There are also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs, health information from the media, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
- National Institute of Health - Offering ready information on clinical studies, research, resources and news.
- National Library of Medicine - Contains extensive information resources to serve the general public including MedlinePlus, Clinical Trials, Household Products Database and more.
- American Board of Medical Specialists - The American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS), a not-for-profit organization, assists 24 approved medical specialty boards in the development and use of standards in the ongoing evaluation and certification of physicians.
- American Medical Association (AMA) - Provides AMA's Doctor Finder, health care careers exploration, health and medicine resources, and advocates for patients' rights.
- Cochrane Collaboration - International reviews based on the best available research evidence.
- FamilyDoctor.org - Contains easy to understand health and medical information searchable by keyword or browse by age group or medical condition. From the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Medical Library Association - Evaluation of medical websites.
- Mental Health America - The country's leading nonprofit dedicated to helping ALL people live mentally healthier lives.
- New York Online Access to Health (NOAH) - Provides access to high quality consumer health information in English and Spanish, written by librarians and health professionals in New York.
- Indiana State Medical Association Doctor Details - A physician referral service.
- Health Central - Owns and operates more than 35 condition-specific and wellness sites, all with the goal to support and inform our users who have life-changing conditions.
- Gray's Anatomy - Features 1247 vibrant engravings, many in color, from the classic 1918 publication from Bartleby.com.
- Mayo Clinic - Providing useful and up-to-date information and tools that reflect the expertise and standard of excellence of Mayo Clinic.
- MedicineNet - Network of U.S. board-certified physican writers and scientists committed to providing unbiased, 100% doctor-produced medical information.
- Merck Manual - Full-text, searchable consumer edition of the Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, includes audio files of pronunciations, photographs, animations, and video files.
- WebMD - In-depth reference material about health subjects from A to Z.