Electronic Resource Databases from JCPL
To search one or more databases for your health and medical information, please click on the following for a link to JCPL's databases:
About the Individual Databases
The following databases contain valuable health and medical information. These resources are available through INSPIRE - Indiana's Virtual Library. INSPIRE is a collection of academic and professional databases and other information resources. They include content from magazine, journal and professional journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, and more.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center - Access to carefully compiled medical reference and periodical materials that your users can trust
- Health BusinessTM - Full text coverage of nearly 130 well-known administrative journals such as H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks, Health Management Technology, Modern Healthcare, and many others.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition - Provides access to nearly 300 full text, consumer health periodicals, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Fit Pregnancy, Harvard Health Letter, Health Facts, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and many others.
- Health SourceŽ: Nursing/Academic Edition - This resource provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- MEDLINEŽ - Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- Medline Plus - MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
As you begin your health and medical information online searches, you may want to review the MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing. This information will help you evaluate the quality of health information you find from the various websites.