As a consumer of many goods and services, it is helpful to find information on a particular organization or their products. Try researching this information from various databases from our Electronic Resources:
- AtoZdatabases - Premier Reference and Marketing Database for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
- America's News Magazines - Provides full-text articles from various familiar magazines, such as Newsweek, Mother Earth News, Parenting, Working Mother, and more.
- Car and Truck Repair Information (available only at the library) - Mitchell's repair information for auto, trucks, and vans including wiring diagrams and vintage model data.
- Indianapolis Star/News- Each paper provides unique coverage of local and regional news, including companies, politics, sports, industries, cultural activities, organizations, and people in the community. Paid ads are excluded.
- General OneFile - One stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
- MasterFILE Premier – Full text articles from magazines and journal articles. Includes many articles on consumer reports and reviews.
One of these websites may have the information you are looking for on Consumer Products.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Resources for Consumers - Collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - Report an unsafe product or check on the latest recalls.
- Do Not Call Registry - For the National Do Not Call Registry or for Indiana Residents to stop unwanted phone calls.
- Federal Consumer Information Center - Provides access to full text of federal consumer publications.
- Federal Trade Commission - Government site giving you the scoop on what you need to know to protect yourself from scams and hoaxes.
- Fuel Economy.gov - Calculate your miles per gallon for your vehicle, locate the best fuel prices in your area or an area you are driving to, find suggestions to better your gas mileage, keep track of your gas mileage, compare car/trucks fuel economics or carbon footprint, and lots more from this website! In addition, GasBuddy can help find local gas prices.
- Household Products Database (NIH) - Health and safety information on household products.
- Indiana Unclaimed Property - Indiana's unclaimed property comes in many forms including wages, savings and checking accounts, stock dividends, insurance proceeds and safe deposit box contents. Check here to see if you have any unclaimed property.
- Recalls.gov - Alerting to unsafe, hazardous or defective products. A "one stop shop" for U.S. Government recalls.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway - Government site providing access to a variety of consumer information.
- Consumer World - Large index of online consumer resources.
- National Fraud Information Center - Provides information on a variety of frauds and scams.
- Appliance 411 - Helpful tips on home appliances for purchasing, repairing and warranties.
- Best's Ratings Online - Access as database of nearly 6,000 insurers and health maintenance organizations to obtain financial strength ratings and informative insurer profile reports.
- Consumer Search - Thousands of Product Reviews.
- Good Housekeeping Seal - Good Housekeeping maintains good taste and exercises strict editorial judgment as to products it will accept for advertising and in reviewing all of the advertising copy it publishes.