As a consumer of many goods and services, it is helpful to find information on a particular organization or company. Find out who or how to contact a company; has the company been in the news; or what services or products they may provide. Try searching for your information from various databases from our Electronic Resources:
- America's News Magazines - Provides full-text articles from various familiar magazines, such as Newsweek, Mother Earth News, Parenting, Working Mother, and more.
- Biography Resource Center - This comprehensive online biographical reference database is designed to meet the needs of public, school and academic libraries in the areas of literature, science, multicultural studies, business, entertainment, politics, sports, government, history, arts and newsmakers.
- Car and Truck Repair Information (available only at the library) - Mitchell's repair information for auto, trucks, and vans including wiring diagrams and vintage model data.
- General OneFile - One-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
- MasterFILE Premier - Full text articles from magazines and journal articles. Includes many articles on consumer reports and reviews.
One of these websites may have the information you are looking for on Consumer Organizations:
- Administration on Aging - Helps aging people and caregivers explore ways to participate in all aspects of society and community life, to maintain their health and independence, and to remain in their own homes and communities for as long as possible.
- AARP (American Association of Retired Persons - A nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) - A resource to turn to for objective, unbiased information on businesses and charities.
- Chamber of Commerce:
- Johnson County Development Corporation - Provides searches for Industrial sites and buildings, economic data, demographic data, regional Workforce data, and incentives and assistance.