Adult Services Department
The Adult Services Department can help guide your information search, find reading materials, and get you involved in many other JCPL activities.
- Book-A-Librarian - JCPL patrons can reserve appointments with librarians for up to one hour of uninterrupted, personalized reference assistance. Librarians can provide training and assistance in the use of library collections and resources, including online databases and some software and internet resources.
- Books and Reading - Click here to get online help finding a book, an author or other reading materials.
- Computer Classes - You may register online or by calling one of the JCPL branches to sign up for a computer class.
- Genealogy - The JCPL provides many resources along with online databases and links to many websites to help you in your genealogy research.
- Homebound Services - The Library makes house calls. If you are unable to visit the library due to a permanent or temporary disability or illness, please talk with an Adult Services Librarian or email the Library.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) - When looking for materials not owned by the Library, the Interlibrary Loan program may help locate and obtain many resources and materials.
- Library Programs
WHAT'S HAPPENING @ JCPL FOR ADULTS
Read about this month's noteworthy events and programs, sign up online, and check out books and movies on related topics.
FROM THE STACKS
Inspired by a new and timely theme each month, librarians in our Adult Services Department take note of the hottest trends in books and movies.
Click here to view the JCPL calendars with Events and Programs at all of our branches.
- Parenting Information
- Tax Assistance and Tax Forms - The AARP Tax Aide is the nation's largest free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service available to taxpayers with low- and moderate-income, with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Appointments are available from February to April. Please contact the library to make an appointment with an AARP Tax Assistant. Many State and Federal Income Tax Forms are available at your library branch or online.
HOMEBOUND SERVICES INFORMATION
Homebound Services was established as a way to provide materials and/or information to individuals in our taxing district who cannot physically access the library due to physical disability, extended illness or extreme transportation problems.
- Materials loaned - books, magazines, audio books, movies, and music.
- Reference service by telephone - standard for all patrons
- Interlibrary Loan - standard for all patrons
- Talking Book & Braille Library - provided by Indiana State Library.
*Length of loan - 3 weeks (not including delivery and pickup time)
*No charge for delivery and pickup
*Methods of delivery and pickup vary according to location and availability of services.
ADULT SERVICES MANAGERS
Contact these librarians for further information about materials and programs for teens and adults.
Tiffany D. Wilson, Clark Pleasant Branch
David Allen, Franklin Branch
Todd Jones, Trafalgar Branch
Linda Kilbert, White River Branch