3M eBook Tutorial for your eReader
Using the 3M Cloud Library on the NOOK Simple Touch & earlier E-Ink Nooks & earlier E-Ink Nooks
Step 1: Download 3M Cloud Library
- Download the App for Windows by clicking here. Supported versions of Windows are: Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP SP.
- Download the App for Mac by clicking here.
Step 2: Install 3M Cloud Library
- Install the Cloud Library for Windows program.
- Select IN for state.
- Select the JCPL branch you usually use.
- Enter your 14-digit library card number, followed by your PIN. (Your PIN will be the last four digits of your library card number, unless you’ve changed it.) If you can’t login, please call your library branch for assistance.
- Click ‘Login.’ If you receive an error message, please contact the library.
Step 3: Connect
- Connect your NOOK to your PC using its USB cable. The first time you do so, you’ll see the PC Activation Option screen on your PC.
- In the Cloud Library program, a notification will appear at the top: “Connected to device: Nook”
- If you already use the software program Adobe Digital Editions to download eBooks from another service (such as Overdrive), 3M Cloud Library should automatically detect and use the same Adobe ID you used previously.
- If Adobe Digital Editions is not already installed/registered, or 3M Cloud Library does not detect it for some reason, the program will give you the two options seen in the screenshot. If you choose the first option (‘Use my default 3M Cloud Library ID’), no additional sign-in will be required.
- If you intend to transfer both 3M Cloud Library eBooks and Overdrive eBooks to the NOOK, you should activate 3M Cloud Library using the Adobe ID and password you previously set up and are using with Overdrive. Otherwise your NOOK will only work with one service at a time.
Step 3: Find Books to Borrow
- Find books you wish to borrow, and then click ‘Check Out.’
- Click on ‘My Books’ and then ‘List View.’ From there, you can click ‘Download to device.’
- You should see a pop-up that says, “The book was successfully transferred to the device!’Eject the NOOK. Turn it on, go to the “My Stuff” tab on Digital Editions, and you’ll see the books you’ve just checked out. (1st Generation NOOK Users: Go to “My Documents.”) Library books will not appear in the ‘Books’ folder on the NOOK.
- When you are finished with your book, you may return it early by visiting the “My Books” tab in the web app, and clicking “Check In” on the appropriate title. This will allow another patron to check out the e-book, and will enable you to check out more titles. If you keep your e-book for the full 21 days, it will be returned automatically at the end of the loan period. For this reason, e-books do not accrue overdue fines. You may need to manually delete the file from your device.