3M eBook Tutorial for your eReader
Using the 3M Cloud Library on the Kindle Fire
These instructions are to be used as a reference only. Please note that by downloading the 3M Cloud Library app, you assume all risk of data loss or system damage to your device. The downloaded app will not automatically update to newer versions. In order to update the app, you will need to uninstall the current version and then install the newer version using the procedure below.
While 3M and Amazon are negotiating to make 3Mís Cloud Library compatible with the Kindle e-readers, currently Amazon does not support Cloud Library on its Kindle products. However, it is possible to download the 3M Cloud Library Android app onto the Kindle Fire.
To install the 3M Cloud Library app on your Kindle Fire, you will need an active Internet connection and your library card.
Please follow these steps to download and activate the 3M Cloud Library app:
- From the Kindle Fire's main screen, go to System options (gear icon at the top of the screen), then tap the More button. Go to Device and scroll down to find Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources. Set this to ON.
- Go back to the Home screen and open a web browser. Click here to begin the download.
- Tap the number at the top left of the screen next to "[Your Name's] Kindle Fire," to open the Notification Center. Tap where it says Download Complete and it will ask you if you want to install the app. Tap install to start the installation, then tap Done.
- Once the app has installed, return to Allow Installation of Application from Unknown Sources and set it to OFF.
- Tap on Home and you should see the 3M Cloud Library app. When you open it for the first time, you will need to select your state, your library, and then enter your library card's barcode number and PIN (use the last four digits of your library card number for your PIN).