3M eBook Tutorial for your eReader
Using the 3M Cloud Library on the NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Tablet & NOOK Color
Step 1: Download 3M Cloud Library
- With access to a broadband Internet connection, visit the NOOK Apps Store on your device and type "3M Cloud Library" in the search box.
- Select and install the free Cloud Library app.
Step 2: Set up your Cloud Library app
- Open you Cloud Library app.
- Select your state and home library.
- Enter your 14-digit library card number, followed by your PIN. (Your PIN will be the last four digits of your library card number, unless you’ve changed it.) If you can’t login, please call your library branch for assistance.
- Open the "End User Agreement," read text and select "agree" if you wish to continue.
- Tap the ‘Login" button and you're ready to start reading. (Once you enter the above information once, the Cloud Library app remembers it so that you won't need to enter it again.
Step 3: Start Reading
- Once logged into the app, you may browse the collection using the Shelves or Categories tabs. You may also search for individual authors or titles by tapping "Search." (Please note that the Shelves tab features a limited number of highlights and not our entire collection. To browse the entire collection, use the Categories tab.)
- To check out and download a book, touch the title you want to read.
- This will open a screen that allows you to read a brief summary, rate the title and see similar titles.
- To check the eBook out, touch "Check Out" on that screen. (If the title selected is already checked out, the "Place Hold" button will appear in place of the "Check Out" button.)
- The title will download to your "My Books" section.
- To begin reading, touch the book and it will open on your screen.
- You may add notes to the book by tapping the middle of the page, and then touching the square box in the upper right corner of the screen — a Post-It note will appear. Tap the Post-It note to bring up the keypad so you can enter your note. Notes will be retained if you return the book and check it out again at a later date. Notes are not visible to others.
- If you need to quit the app to do something else, just press the Nook button (the "n" at the bottom of the reader) for options. Your book will be bookmarked for you so that you can continue reading where you left off.
- If a title you would like to read is checked out, tap the "add to hold list" button. If you need to remove the book from your holds, simply touch "remove from hold list" and the title will be taken off of your holds. Hold notifications appear in the Message Center — there is currently no email notification option, so you will need to check the Message Center periodically for available holds. You have five days to check out an item on hold before it becomes available.
- If you want to return a title early, go to your "My Books" tab, touch "List View," and tap the book that you would like to check-in. Scroll to the bottom and touch "check in." A message will appear asking you if you really want to check the e-book in – here you will touch yes or no. After you have selected yes, you will be able to rate the book (optional).
- To view your holds, go to the “My Books” tab, and scroll down to the bottom of the page. (If you do not see your holds, tap the small return arrow at the bottom of the screen to get out of List View.) You will be able to view your holds and see an estimated wait time for your title. (Please note: the “Wish List” button may appear on this screen. This feature is not available at this time.
- Use the “Message Center” at the bottom of the “My Books” page to see if you have holds available.
- If you haven’t finished reading the title at the end of your loan period, the last page you read will still be bookmarked and your notes will be saved for the next time you check the title out.
- 3M Cloud Library automatically returns titles when your loan period has ended. Late charges will not accrue.