Mallory's Santa Graham Cracker Cookie
by Mallory Kate Abercrombie
- Red food coloring
- 16 oz. can vanilla frosting
- 6 graham crackers (halves)
- 3 cups (about 45) mini marshmallows
- 6 DOTS candy - the red ones
- 12 Red Hots
- Line cookie sheet with waxed/parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir 1/2 tsp. red food coloring into 1/4 cup of the frosting (for Santa's hat); blend well. In separate bowl, stir 1-3 small drops of red food coloring into remaining 1 cup frosting (for skin tone); blend well.
- For each cookie, frost 1 inch of one corner of graham cracker cookie with dark red frosting for Santa's hat. Place 1 marshmallow piece in corner for pom-pom.
- Frost remainder of graham cracker cookie with light pink frosting. Add red DOTS candy for nose and Red Hots for eyes. Place marshmallow pieces on light pink frosting around the two sides for beard. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Yield: 6 cookies