by Donna Jessee
- 1 c. butter
- 1-1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup small gumdrops, sliced
- Thoroughly cream butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Shape dough into roll and wrap in wax paper. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut 1/4 inch slice. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate top with gumdrop slices.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.