Grandma Helen's Christmas Cookies
by Emma Christoff
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour milk (to make sour milk, just add 1 T vinegar per cup of milk)
- 3-1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cherries
- 1-1/2 cups pecans
- 2 cups dates
- Mix together Crisco, brown sugar, and eggs. Stir in sour milk. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in Crisco mixture.
- Stir in cherries, pecans, and dates.
- Chill for one hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° until set - approximately 8-10 minutes.