FAQ – Wi-Fi Internet Access
- What do I need to do to use JCPL's computers?
- Does the library have free Wi-Fi Internet access?
- How do I obtain a library card?
- What is my PIN?
- What if I forget my library card?
- How do I access my account online?
- How do I place an item on hold?
- How much does it cost to photocopy or print?
- How can I reserve a study room or meeting room?
- Does JCPL have downloadable audiobooks?
- Do you provide Homebound Services?
JCPL’s Wi-Fi service is offered as a courtesy to patrons who choose to use their own equipment. Because of the vast array of wireless cards on the market, JCPL staff will not be able to answer technical questions about your specific card configuration. Please click here for information about JCPL's Public Wireless Internet Access or ask at the Reference Desk for assistance.
Printing is not available via a wireless connection in the library. If you need to print, save the file to a USB flash drive or e-mail it to yourself and then use one of our public Internet capable computers to print.
The library cannot guarantee that your equipment will work with the library’s network and is not responsible for any changes you make to your computer’s settings.