Johnson County Public Library offers a variety of free computer classes for adults and teens, including:
- Beginning Computers – An introduction to computers for users with little or no previous experience.
- Beginning eBay: How to Buy – Learn to create an account, use "My eBay," search for items, bid and buy, and pay for an item.
- Beginning eBay: How to Sell – Topics covered include the "sell your item" form, taking pictures, seller's fees, payments and shipping, and monitoring your listings.
- Computer Tips and Tricks – Learn basic step-by-step maintenance and security tips, how to customize your desktop, proper program installation and uninstallation techniques, and more!
- E-mail: The Basics – Learn how to send and receive e-mail messages.
- Facebook for Beginners – Learn to create and update a profile on this popular social networking site. A working web-based e-mail address is required.
- Google Docs – Learn how to create, edit, upload, and share documents online.
- Internet: the Basics – Learn the essentials of surfing the Internet, with an emphasis on basic terminology, using browsers like Internet Explorer, going to specific websites, and basic searching tips.
- Intermediate Internet – Learn advanced Web search strategies and be introduced to JCPL's Web-based catalog and databases.
- PowerPoint: the Basics – Learn to quickly create high-impact, dynamic presentations, while integrating workflow and ways to easily share information.
- Spreadsheets: the Basics – Learn the basics of Microsoft Excel, including creating, editing, and formatting worksheets.
- Word Processing: the Basics – Learn how to create a document using the basic tools of Microsoft Word.
Check the dates, times, and locations of upcoming classes by visiting our calendar of events.