Cocoa Christmas Crackles
by Rose Mahin
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whole cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat the butter, cane sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll a tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the powdered sugar until coated. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until the cookies are set and no longer shiny.