Children's Services - The Collection
An important goal at Johnson County Public Library is to connect children with educational, informational, and recreational resources and opportunities. We hope you find this website (our 5th branch) as a helpful tool for you in that journey!
The Collection - Here is a sampling of some items in our collection:
- Board books, picture books, early readers, in-between chapter books, novels, graphic novels, series, non-fiction, biographies, poetry, fairy tales
- Audio books on cassette tape or CD for picture books through chapter books
- Parent/Teacher Collection: books on supporting children's education and enhancing parenting skills
- Early Literacy Kits on various subjects containing manipulatives, games, puzzles, puppets, books, CDs, and many more options for ages 0 to 5
- Music CDs, CD-Roms, Braille books
- Multiple copies of some titles
- Reference books and online databases
- Science fair project books
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries that can be checked out
- Newbery Medal titles, Caldecott Medal titles, Young Hoosier Award nominees
- Entertaining and educational DVDs and video cassette tapes
- Much, much more!