Childrens Services - Programming
An important goal at Johnson County Public Library is to connect children with educational, informational, and recreational resources and opportunities. We hope you find this website (our 5th branch) as a helpful tool for you in that journey!
- Find out more information about specific programs on our Calendar of Events. Register for programs after finding out date, time, location, ages, and description.
- Programs planned by librarians are diverse.Examples include book discussions, movies, storytelling, crafts, cooking, science, reader dogs, travel club, readers' theater, and holidays.
- Except for some special events, programs at the library are FREE!
- Winter Reading Program: Held every February, this program encourages families to read together.We ask you to simply visit the library four times during the month (just once a week!) to receive prizes.
- Summer Reading Program: Reading over the summer helps children continue growing in their literacy skills while out of school during June and July.Prizes are earned for reading and attending programs. Pre-readers to adults are welcome to participate.